Wednesday, November 16, 2016

The Wind in the Willows

I'm really excited to have been asked to do some illustrations for Alma Books's new edition of The Wind in the Willows. The inside drawings are in black and white, and colour for the cover! It was intimidating to begin drawing such well-known characters - EH Shepard's version is so iconic and beautiful, and my style isn't very realistic! I pretended it was a normal, new book, for me, and now I'm happy with how this cover has come out. 

Re-reading it I feel much more impatient with Toad than ever before, and much more keen on Ratty!


This edition of The Wind in the Willows will be published by Alma Books in April 2017.

1 comment:

David Smith said...

I liked the content on this site. Would like to visit again.

Screen Printing Thousand Oaks
Car Wraps Thousand Oaks