Tuesday, July 9, 2013

2B or not 2B? And Latitude Festival!

I'm sketching big spreads for a book at the moment, and have been blown away by the rediscovery of non-2B pencils. It sounds ridiculous, but having been using them for so long I'd just accepted that giant smudged pictures and hands were an inevitable by-product of pencil use, rather than down to excessively dark leads... cue rediscovery of H and all is clean and lovely and exciting! I get very stuck in my ways.












Also, I'm going to be at Latitude Festival in Suffolk in two weeks' time, on the 20th and 21st July. I'll be doing a reading/workshop on the Saturday and Sunday about The Toucan Brothers, probably involving some worksheets and expression drawing! 

So if by any chance you are there with children and would like to stop by, that would be super! Or if you are there without children and want to come watch anyway, I'm guessing that would be fine too. Extra points for dressing as a toucan. I'm not sure which tent I'll be in yet, but I'll put up more info here when I get it.


No comments: